Re: USB serial problems

On Sep 21, 10:30am, Thomas Klausner wrote:
}
} I wanted to look at the serial console of a second machine, so I
} plugged in a USB serial dongle into my NetBSD (7.99.38/amd64):
}
} uftdi0 at uhub4 port 3
} uftdi0: FTDI FT232R USB UART, rev 2.00/6.00, addr 3
} ucom0 at uftdi0 portno 1
}
} Then I looked at ucom(4) and saw that the first mentioned entry is
} /dev/dtyU?, so I set up 'minicom -s' using that device. Then I
} connected using minicom. The screen stayed empty, and the process was
} unkillable. I also tried 'cu -l /dev/dtyU0' which had the same result.
} (Even though there should have been something visible on the serial
} line.)

     Use /dev/ttyU0 for that purpose.  dty devices are for dialup.

}-- End of excerpt from Thomas Klausner