Re: multipath fibre channel

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016, 6bone%6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de@localhost wrote:
> I want to configure multipath for a fibre channel storage. I need only the
> availability, not the performance.

As others have already said, you can't. However, ...

RAID1 on the same LUN wouldn't work or make sense. However, to mitigate
switch/path failures you could do the following to gain path-resiliency:

1. Create two LUNs identical sized on the SAN

2. On the SAN unit, present the LUNs out separate
   fiber-adapters/paths/fabrics/switches.

3. Obviously you'll need to connect your HBAs to the two independent
   paths.

3. Use LVM or RAIDFrame to mirror the two LUNs into a RAID1 configuration.

4. Celebrate. You've used 2x the storage, but gained resiliency and can
   withstand a complete path failure.

Thanks,
  Swift