Re: repeated failure to properly shutdown

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 16:57:08 +0700 Robert Elz <kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost> wrote:
> "J. Hannken-Illjes" <hannken%eis.cs.tu-bs.de@localhost> said:
>
>   | No populated "/dev" so it uses dev on tmpfs?
>
> Ah yes, very possible - the output from mount will tell us that, but I
> remember earlier reports of problems from unmounting (or attempting
> to) an unmount of /dev (and hardly surprising really.)

Tangentially, I wrote (some of) those earlier reports of problems with
unmounting /dev at shutdown and my patches to fix the prolblem are
still sitting uncommitted in bin/51019.  Might this be a good moment to
test them out and commit them?  If it doesn't fix OP's problem, it
would at least rule out one cause.

-- IDL