Re: Nouveau displays scrambled console on Dell Latitude E6400 laptop

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih%hamartun.priv.no@localhost> writes:

> [N]ouveau tries to use the monitor for a console, but fails to bitmap
> it properly, so the screen looks like a psychedelic work of art.  :)
>
> I also get some nouveau driver error messages.

You can color me surprised: on a whim, I tried starting X anyway, and it
works.  So I have no console, but a working X - and I've put a line into
my /boot.cfg to boot single user with nouveau disabled, in case I need
to get to a working console for some reason.

X with the nouveau driver is also fast enough that I can use Firefox.  :)

-tih
--
Elections cannot be allowed to change anything.  --Dr. Wolfgang Schäuble