Re: kernel panic

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 1:56 PM, bch <brad.harder%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Jun 15, 2016 9:29 PM, "Kengo NAKAHARA" <k-nakahara%iij.ad.jp@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 2016/06/16 8:15, bch wrote:
>> > I am now at 1.414, and it seems stable.
>>
>> Thank you for your checking and reporting.
>
> My pleasure. Question, were my wm(4) and iwm(4) faults related (maybe some
> luck macro-ization, rejigging)?

Not related.

> Can anybody point me to the commits that
> apparently fixed these interfaces (did if_wm.c fix iwm(4) too??)?

For iwm:
  http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/sys/mbuf.h

Commit 1.164 broke iwm (and I guess all other wifi drivers)
and commit 1.165 fixed it.

For wm:
  http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/pci/if_wm.c

Commit 1.413 broke wm and commit 1.414 fixed it.

>> If it seems there is still
>> problems, please tell us.
>
> Will do. I'd like to have the commit(s) identified and
> re-witness/characterize the issue. Otherwise, things currently seem stable.
> Thanks.

[Timeline]

- Jun 10 13:31:45: mbuf.h r1.164
- Jun 11 ??:??:??: you encountered the first panic
- Jun 12 10:14:12: mbuf.h r1.165
- Jun 14 09:07:22: if_wm.c r1.164
- Jun 14 ??:??:??: you encountered the second panic
- Jun 14 17:09:20: if_wm.c r1.165
- Jun 16 ??:??:??: you are here

And I noticed that I forgot to bump the kernel version; my mbuf.h
change required it. (I already bumped.) If you run a kernel between
my mbuf.h change and the bump with network device driver modules
of 7.99.30, something bad will happen. (I guess the issues you saw
aren't related to this though.)

Thanks,
  ozaki-r