Re: Lenovo T500 hang

On 2016-06-01 10:54, Stephen Borrill wrote:
Somewhere after 7.0_RC2, a problem started where the machine hangs
right at the end of the kernel boot just before it prints the boot
device:

pad0: outputs: 44100Hz, 16-bit, stereo
audio1 at pad0: half duplex, playback, capture
*** HANGS HERE ***
boot device: wd0
root on wd0a dumps on wd0b

The only thing to do is to power the machine off. This happens with
all later kernels (including -current).

I've not had chance to bisect the sources yet as I need to use the
machine for real work (and running NetBSD 7 on it also makes it so hot
it burns my legs).

I think a few users (and developers) have Lenovo T500 laptops. Does
any recent NetBSD work for them?

I have a T500 which is my main NetBSD dev machine.
I haven't updated the kernel in a month or so, but it's been running -current very well. I don't recall if it ever ran anything earlier than a 7.0 release though.

Roy