Re: prenice(1) problem? Or pilot error?

On Mon, 18 Apr 2016 13:13:56 +0800 (PHT) Paul Goyette
<paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:
> The synopsis explicitly lists -l for prenice, and the text says that
> it produces more detailed info than without the option.  I would
> therefore assume that
>
> 1. there is some minimal output without the option, and
> 2. there is more-than-minimal output with the option.
>
> :)

Actually, judging from the code (it's in usr.bin/pkill/pkill.c), it
looks like the intended behaviour is more like
1. there is no output without the option.
2. there is the same output as pgrep -l with the option.

Whether or not this matches the manpage is debatable, but it certainly
doesn't match what you're seeing.  Something, as you say, is wrong.

--
IDL