Re: Error on vndconfig(8) man page

	hello.  Just as a point of reference, the command is still vnconfig in
NetBSD-5.2, so the name change is pretty recent.  I wonder why the name
change was thought to be necessary?
On Nov 5,  7:06pm, Paul Goyette wrote:
} Subject: Error on vndconfig(8) man page
} This man page is installed as both vndconfig and vnconfig, however the
} SYNOPSIS references only vndconfig.
}
} The HISTORY section says that the command was introduced in NetBSD 1.0
}
} The BUGS section says that the command should be named 'vndconfig'.
}
}
} Well, as I see it, the BUGS section is wrong because the command already
} is named 'vndconfig' as shown in the SYNOPSIS!
}
} And IIRC, in NetBSD 1.0 the command was originally introduced as
} 'vnconfig', and renamed at some later time.  The HISTORY section should
} be rewritten to indicate the entire history of the command, including
} the name change.
}
} :)
}
}
} PS The sources for this command are still located in directory
} src/usr.sbin/vnconfig and will probably stay there (due to our innate
} aversion to repository moves).
}
}
}
} | Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:       |
} | (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |
} | Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd.org  |