Re: How to enter ddb on recent NetBSD/amd64 current

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 11:34:41PM +0200, Michael van Elst wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 08:51:21PM +0100, Patrick Welche wrote:
> >
> > So then I tried the PCKBC_CNATTACH_SELFTEST option, leaving pckbc and
> > pckbd alone, and:
> >
> > pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60-0x64
> > pckbdprobe: reset error 5
> > pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
> > pckbc0: using irq 1 for kbd slot
> > wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
> >
> > The test seems to fail, but it grabs console anyway...
>
> The selftest would fail with something like:
>
> pckbc: unable to request selftest
> pckbc: selftest returned 0x%02x
>
> Apparently it doesn't.

[Thanks for the off-line explanation on why userconf wasn't enough!]

To quote pckbd.c:

/*
 * these are both bad jokes
 */

I think I hit:

        if (res) {
                aprint_debug("pckbdprobe: reset error %d\n", res);
                /*
                 * There is probably no keyboard connected.
                 * Let the probe succeed if the keyboard is used
                 * as console input - it can be connected later.
                 */
                return pckbd_is_console(pa->pa_tag, pa->pa_slot) ? 1 : 0;
        }

Counteracting GENERIC with a

  no options      PCKBD_CNATTACH_MAY_FAIL

I managed to get

# grep console var/run/dmesg.boot
wsdisplay0 at vga0 kbdmux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0

In a wave of optimism, I tried ctl-alt-esc, and nothing. Also
tried setting hw.cnmagic to ^K, and no still ddb.

Any more things to try?

Cheers,

Patrick