pkg_add fails to install earmv5 packages on full earmv5 machine

Hi folks,

i'm experiencing problems on evbarm when i try to install a package, in this
case pkg_install itself.

I've compiled the kernel and its userland using "./build.sh -mevbarmv5-el ..."
and its running fine. When i try to install a package however, i get:

===> Install binary package of pkg_install-20150508
pkg_add: Warning: package `pkg_install-20150508' was built for a platform:
pkg_add: NetBSD/earmv5 7.99.19 (pkg) vs. NetBSD/earm 7.99.19 (this host)
pkg_add: 1 package addition failed

It looks like pkg_add is getting the wrong architecture value even though
sysctl reports "hw.machine_arch = earmv5"

If I force install with pkg_add -f I get the same behaviour with the newly
installed /usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_add. There is still the default path issue picking
/usr/sbin first but thats another discussion that ought to be resolved!

I learned that there is a patch somehwere that also takes into account the
various super sets?

With regards,
Reinoud