Re: USB keyboard recognized during boot menu, not later

In article <20150621141742.GA4869@odin>, Mayuresh  <mayuresh%acm.org@localhost> wrote:
>On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 12:02:51PM +0100, Nick Hudson wrote:
>> >Here are the observations:;
>> >
>> >- Usb kbd insertion-removal-reinsertion works only on one of the three usb
>> >   ports. I think the spec says 1 port is usb 3.0 and other 2 are 2.0. This
>> >   may be due to that.
>> >
>> >- If 3.0 is disabled in bios usb doesn't work.
>> >
>> >- When usb kbd works, characters are getting lost. One needs to type
>> >   fairly slowly to get them right. E.g. I gave up on typing this mail with
>> >   usb kbd and used builtin kbd.
>> dmesg and usbdebug/uhubdebug (+[ex]hcidebug) output would help
>
>I am trying to follow instructions from
>http://www.netbsd.org/docs/kernel/#usb-debugging
>
>Enabled DEBUG and recompiled. Didn't find any specific debug options for
>usb in the conf.
>
>If I do "nm netbsd | grep debug | grep hci" it doesn't show anything
>specific. Booting with "-d" and setting "write usbdebug 5" says symbol not
>found.
>
>Please advise.

>fgrep _DEBUG *.c | grep xh

xhci.c:#ifdef USB_DEBUG
xhci.c:#ifndef XHCI_DEBUG
xhci.c:#else /* !XHCI_DEBUG */
xhci.c:#endif /* !XHCI_DEBUG */
xhci.c:#endif /* USB_DEBUG */
xhci.c:#ifdef USB_DEBUG
xhci.c:#ifdef USB_DEBUG
xhci.c:#ifdef USB_DEBUG

So define both, and then set xhci_debug = 1

christos