Re: Base lua gpio binding vs. pkgsrc lua extensions like lua-socket

Am 25.03.15 um 20:38 schrieb Martin Mersberger:
> Good afternoon,
>
> I'm playing around with my RPI running current and the gpio binding.
> Using the base lua(1), the gpio binding works really fine, but I also
> like to use the pkgsrc lua-socket extension. By default, the pkg has
> pkgsrc/lang/lua* as dependency and also installs into /usr/pkg.
>
> How would I stick it together to have a lua(1) environment having both,
> gpio binding and the socket extension? I've tried to adjust LUA_PATH and
> LUA_CPATH to make lua able to find the extensions, but it seems to have
> some incompatibilities:
>
> /usr/bin/lua: error loading module 'socket.core' from file
> '/usr/pkg/lib/lua/5.3/socket/core.so':
>     /usr/pkg/lib/lua/5.3/socket/core.so: Undefined PLT symbol
> "luaL_checkint" (symnum = 49)
>

> Any ideas?

I could add my 'net' Lua module to NetBSD, which is superior to the
sockets module insofar as it is actively maintained, supports IPv6, and,
supports TLS.

Lua in base is Lua 5.3 btw, maybe the version from pkgsrc you are using
is different (.e.g 5.2)?