Re: Wedges enabled on -current

    Date:        Mon, 18 Aug 2014 18:51:03 -0700 (PDT)
    From:        "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724%bellsouth.net@localhost>

  | Also, NAME does not work with mount_msdos as in
  | mount_msdos NAME=WD2G02 /media/zip0  # does not work, but
  | mount -t msdos NAME=WD2G02 /media/zip0  # good

IMO, the mount_xxx commands should be moved to /libexec and never used
by humans, mount -t is enough - given that, who does the translation from
the NAME= to the current underlying hardware device name is irrelevant,

  | Mobile racks, USB drives and eSATA hard-drive enclosures can upset wedge
  | numbers or DOS-style (including OS/2, eComStation and Windows) drive
  | letters.

And linux and FreeBSD drive/partition names as well ... that's why the switch
to using volume names, which can remain constants, regardless of how the
hardware moves around.   We're not there yet, df/dump/... still operate
on dkN names, rather than labels (dump is particularly troublesome, saving
/dev/dk23 in /etc/dumpdates is particularly useless...) but eventually all
this stuff should get fixed as well, and all that should ever be visible
will be the labels.

I don't much like the NAME= syntax, but such is the price of backward
compatability.

kre