Re: nfs got worse

Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost> writes:

> There have been quite a few changes to wm(4) recently.

That reminds me: the problem machine doesn't happen to use ipf, does it?
I've observed this kind of trouble with ipf, and it was for some reason
much worse on a wm interface than on an sk one.  In the end, I switched
to pf instead of ipf, and the problem went away.

In my case, the system would often hang, but sometimes crash, and when
it did crash, it would invariably be while handling fragmented packets
inside ipf.

-tih
--
It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart
you are. If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong.  -Richard Feynman