Re: lsi 1020/1030 problems

On Tue, 29 Jul 2014, 6bone%6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de@localhost wrote:

mpt1: mpt_done: IOC overrun!
probe(mpt1:0:0:0): generic HBA error

some output from dmesg:

mpt0 at pci4 dev 8 function 0: vendor 0x1000 product 0x0030 (rev. 0xc1)
mpt0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 16
scsibus0 at mpt0: 16 targets, 8 luns per target
mpt1 at pci11 dev 8 function 0: vendor 0x1000 product 0x0030 (rev. 0xc1)
mpt1: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 18
scsibus2 at mpt1: 16 targets, 8 luns per target
mpt1: mpt_done: IOC overrun!
probe(mpt1:0:0:0): generic HBA error

Any Ideas what could be the problem?

Hmmm. I seem to vaguely recall something similar in another driver. I think it was due to a device returning more data than expected on a command and the status was noted, but allowed. This is during the device probes, which I think was where I remember seeing it before. I can't remember which driver it was though.

---
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Operations Consulting,  Information Technology Center
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT     USA