Re: Which X driver to use for genfb?

Paul Goyette wrote:
>For me, debugging the X code is just to much detail.  I was hoping
>someone might have tried it before...

Robert Swindells responded:

> I guess you will need to wait until riastradh@ finishes his drmkms
> work, if you want to try it out now you will need to add the microcode
> files for your GPU as they are not in the tree yet.

Is this native X or moduar/pkgsrc X?

I now have pkgsrc X, and it won't start (no screens found), with or without
DRMKMS, regardless of driver.

Neither intel, vesa nor fbdev work at all.

I get 250 * 66 characters with DRMKMS console, compared to 80 * 25 on regular
console, so DRMKMS makes it easier to read and respond to text email than with
regular console.

Maybe I need to wait a few months on getting X to work in NetBSD, for
improvements in both NetBSD system and base or pkgsrc X?

Tom