Re: uhso(4) locking issues

On Saturday, July 19, 2014 at 7:11 PM, "Iain Hibbert"
<plunky%ogmig.net@localhost> wrote:

> Is this with LOCKDEBUG and no other changes, or with LOCKDEBUG and
> the addition of the MPSAFE flag?

Both, D_MPSAFE was an attempt to walk-around the first mentioned
panic, but we ran into another (mentioned) issue with spin lock held
when taking a mutex.

> there is USB locking and TTY locking which must interact and I am
> not sure what work has been done to make drivers MPSAFE in general.

Thank-you for your confirmantion that it's a design issue in
interaction with (at least) USB and TTY locking.

I will file a problem-report for it.