Re: pulseaudio 4.0 requires udev was: Re: Help for PR kern/46606 is needed

On Mon, 06 Jan 2014 20:32:44 +0900 (JST)
Ryo ONODERA <> wrote:

> It fails with the following errors (from firefox and mplayer).
> I feel pulseaudio 4.0 may not work on NetBSD.
> According to
>   Support for HAL has been removed. This shouldn't affect anyone,
>   but if it does, please configure PulseAudio to use udev instead.
>   module-hal-detect still exists for maintaining configuration file
>   compatibility, but all it does is to load module-udev-detect.
>   module-hal-detect may get completely removed in 4.0.

But can we still run it with detection disabled? It's what I do
currently, as I don't wont to run hald; I've commented out all
autodetect modules in and uncommented module-oss instead.

kind regards