Re: NetBSD-HEAD amd64 refuses to build

After clearing src tree, but saving and putting back CVS subdirectory, I was
able to redownload the src tree.

I was then successful (?) building and installing NetBSD-current for i386 and
amd64, building from amd64.

But the resulting installation proved nonbootable; apparently init died.

I tried
boot netbsd-sandy7 -c
but then I got the prompt

uc> (followed by rectangular cursor with shaking horizontal stripes)

and was unable to input anything from the keyboard.

I wish there were an option to make NetBSD boot pause after every device in the
initial probe while booting.

I could possibly send-pr from web site, where I'd be running FreeBSD, but will
not be able to follow up any time soon: will be busy with FreeBSD and possibly
Linux.

FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE may be just around the corner, now on RC3.

Good part is that I can run subversion from FreeBSD using Hiro H50191 USB
wireless adapter, chipset RTL8191SU, device rsu, support introduced with
FreeBSD 10 prerelease, and chroot to FreeBSD 9.2 or 9.1-STABLE USB-stick
installation where I was successful building and installing devel/subversion
from FreeBSD ports.

Then again, maybe next attempt to build subversion on FreeBSD 10-STABLE and
HEAD might be successful after I disable BDB option.

FreeBSD, OpenBSD and DragonFlyBSD support of Realtek 8111E Ethernet on MSI Z77
MPOWER motherboard fails, but OK with Linux and NetBSD: wi-fi to the rescue on
FreeBSD 10 or -current/11.

Tom