Re: Creating /dev/dk* nodes so as to be persistent

apb%cequrux.com@localhost (Alan Barrett) writes:

>On Sat, 19 Oct 2013, Thomas Mueller wrote:
>>> You can unmount the tmpfs file system:
>>
>>>         /sbin/umount /dev
>>
>>I tried that, but /dev/wouldn't umount because device was busy.

>Ah, I forgot about that.  "/sbin/umount -f /dev" might work,
>or you can do it in single user mode before the tmpfs /dev is
>mounted.

init calls /dev/MAKEDEV or /etc/MAKEDEV when /dev/console
cannot be accessed. The script then creates a union mount.
This happens before single-user.

But /sbin/umount -f /dev is successful, so a working sequence to
recover the real /dev is:

boot single-user
umount -f /dev
fsck -p /