Re: link problems

On Fri 04 Oct 2013 at 18:51:26 +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> Does adding: --no-copy-dt-needed-entries to the link line fix the problem
> for you? Perhaps we should consider making this the default again...
>
> http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2011-08/msg00131.html

I think the new way is cleaner. It is better to have dependencies
explictly stated.

It may also help with something that I see sometimes[1] when I link some
program which depends on pkgsrc-provided libraries. Sometimes those
libraries use other pkgsrc-provided libraries which are newer than
system-provided libraries of the same name. That situation is detected
and the linker gives a warning that there are different major versions
of the same library. If symbols are resolved only from explicitly stated
libraries, there is a better chance that those incompatible versions are
kept out of each other's hair.

[1] for example when I compile VICE natively, since I am a VICE
developer.

> christos
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'