new 4 port cards and mfi driver?

Has anyone used, or tried to use, one of the newer LSI raid cards 4 port
variants,
e.g. the 9260-4i? It seems like it might work out of the box or at worst, need
an small
tweak to get the driver to get it to recognize the card, but I'm just guessing
here.
The LSI product line seems rather broad with a lot of overlap of features, so I
suspect in general, there may be several cards that would work if only they
were recognized.

The 3ware 9650SE-4LP works well enough for 4 drive arrays, even without 6Gb
drive support, but I looking at building some systems with 8 or more drives and
I'd just as soon standardize the types of raid adapters I use if I can. Not a
big deal, but I'd appreciate it if anyone has some experience along these lines
they'd care to share.

Harry Waddell