Re: Automated report: NetBSD-current/i386 build failure

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 08:28:48PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
 > On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 02:38:00PM +0100, David Laight wrote:
 > > All of the makes should be using the same job token queue, so should stop
 > > as soon as the 'failed' token is inserted.
 > > So you should only see one non-make fail for each possible parralel task.
 > > (Of course, it could be buggy!)
 >
 > And a "local make" one for each directory recursion, I presume?
 >
 > The builds run with -j11 currently and (just for example)
 > [snip]

In the cases I've run into a couple of times, the only errors in my
(pretty large) terminal scroll history are src/rescue bombing because
a failure has been detected elsewhere.

I'm not convinced that there isn't something wrong, but it definitely
doesn't strike all the time if so.

 > Should we suppress the errror messages on recursion pops? They do
 > not provide a lot of value (besides naming the make target causing
 > the recursion).

Yes if we can figure out a decent way to do it that doesn't lose
information.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost