Re: /etc/ttys defaults, was Persistent green messages interrupting console on NetBSD 6.99.19 i386

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 11:57:36AM -0500, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> Why is it machine dependent?  Are there arch's that don't use wscons,
> so the tty's to use end up being different?

Yes, for one there is machines with serial console, and on the other hand
weired things like NetBSD/amd64 installed in a xen domU (which basically
boils down to the same issue).

I will look at providing a common utility function for all
optional-wscons-using archs that will check the console device during
installation (we do that already on some install CD images in /etc/rc)
and then either edit all ttyE* to on or off. This is what I had in mind
for sparc64 anyway (where we see serial console and glass tty
installations with about the same probability), but it now looks like
it will strip one stupid step from all xen domU installs as well, so
should be more MI (inside sysinst)

Martin