Re: /etc/ttys defaults, was Persistent green messages interrupting console on NetBSD 6.99.19 i386

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 10:28:32AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
> I'd argue that if (on a given arch) there are changes essentially always
> made by the install, that's a bug, and those changes should instead be
> in the etc set.

We should invert the test done by sysinst and only change them to off
in special cases, so the etc.tgz version matches most common usage
by default. Also do the same for amd64 and don't touch sysinst - initial
problem solved.

For other archs it is not so easy - I think I will make sysinst edit it
similar to i386 depending on sysctl kern.consdev == ttyE*.

Martin