Re: /etc/ttys defaults, was Persistent green messages interrupting console on NetBSD 6.99.19 i386

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 11:53:32AM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> How can that be a bug in etcupdate? All etcupdate tries to do is match
> /etc to what an /etc would look like on a virgin system.

The question is: what do we define as a virgin system? The contents
of etc.tgz only have parts of that, our default installation creates
a few more files "on the fly" and touches some of the existing ones.
I consider that part of a default install.

I bet etcupdate does not delete /etc/resolv.conf for example, but this
is kindof a provocative stretch.

What I meant is: some changes to /etc/ttys are special and need special
treatement by etcupdate - on/off, speed changes for serial devices, maybe
more should never be merged.

Martin