Re: Modular X broken

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 02:12:00PM +0300, Jukka Ruohonen wrote:
> The recent modular-X11 updates broke the Intel-driver at least for the
> 945G/M-chipsets that have worked continuously for four years. Was these
> changes even tested on NetBSD? I recall a reason why xf86-video-intel was
> deliberately kept behind, but can't remember the details.

They were compile-tested only.

We had to get to a newer version of X. The version of Mesa was chosen
so it still had the backwards compat we needed. There's no way a
single developer can test all X servers, so we need help here.

Worst case, there's always the X server in base which is supposed to
work too, or the vesa driver.
 Thomas