Re: cross build failure on FreeBSD/i386 9.1

In article <>,
FURUSAWA Kazumi  <> wrote:
>Cross building NetBSD/alpha on FreeBSD/i386 9.1, I got the following error:
>nbpax: unknown group `ftp'
>nbpax: failed at line 4960 of the specification
>The detailed build log messages are as follows.
>I suspect that FreeBSD has gid 14 as ftp, but NetBSD expects gid 14 as named.

There is no ftp group in the skel /usr/src/etc/group. So files cannot
really be installed in $RELEASEDIR as group ftp. What happened potentially
is that you did an unprived build, followed by a prived one and there were
some files in the destination directory that retained their old permissions.
The scripts that create the sets always use the password and group files
from $RELEASEDIR. If they don't it is a bug.