Re: dhc* in NetBSD 7.0

On Mar 20,  7:28pm, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
} Subject: Re: dhc* in NetBSD 7.0
} On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 11:38:29AM -0700, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
} >
} > 3) Update ISC DHCP as per item 2, but don't build/install dhclient
} > by default.  Why do we need two DHCP clients in base?
}
} To me this seems like the only reasonable option.  Even if most of
} your server installs don't actually use dhcpd, many NetBSD users do,
} and punting to pkgsrc is simply not an option because pkgsrc cannot
} be cross-compiled.  The base system should include a reasonable set
} of server code for most common NetBSD use cases where that is possible
} without introducing immense bloat.  Yanking server programs that have
} more than a very small number of users is not really well aligned with
} that goal.
}
} --
}  Thor Lancelot Simon
tls%panix.com@localhost
} "From the tooth paste you use in the morning to the salt on your evening meal,
} it's easy to take for granted the many products brought to us with
explosives."
}     - Institute of Manufacturers of Explosives, "Explosives Make It Possible"
>-- End of excerpt from Thor Lancelot Simon

        Hello.  I'd echo Thor's comments.  Having a dhcp server in the base
distribution is  highly desirable for me.  Enough has been leaving base as
it is, losing yet another service that I use regularly on NetBSD servers
would be unfortunate.  I already get questioned as to why I prefer NetBSD
on a periodic basis.  I'd rather not have to jump through yet more hoops to
keep services running.
-thanks
-Brian