Re: dhclient settings for local host name

Not asking this question for my benefit, but for the archives :)

On 19/03/2013 13:34, Ted Lemon wrote:
On Mar 19, 2013, at 9:30 AM, Roy Marples <roy%marples.name@localhost> wrote:
Some silly DHCP servers send parameters even if you didn't ask for them. So it's possible to send the hostname FOO, not request the hostname paramter and get the hostname BAR returned.

We fixed this in dhcpv6.

Is that the RFC, the DHCPv6 part of dhclient only, or dhclient as a whole.
I'm guessing the latter which means dhclient-4.x
As of now, NetBSD only has dhclient-3.x in the base system so the scenario I described could still happen.

Thanks

Roy