Re: dhclient settings for local host name

On Mar 19, 2013, at 4:34 AM, Riccardo Mottola
<riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost> wrote:
> I do not want to change any other parameter, is there an option or how can I
> write a config file to accomplish that? I tried, but apparently I override
> too many options and it doesn't work any more.

You should add a line like this to your /etc/dhclient.conf:

send host-name "foo";

(where foo is your hostname.)

I think this should do it; if it doesn't, make sure that your parameter request
list isn't asking for a host-name option.   If that's not it, then check
/etc/dhclient-script (it might be in /sbin, actually).