Re: Trouble using current under qemu

On Fri, 8 Mar 2013, Julio Merino wrote:

Hello,

I have a NetBSD/amd64 -current VM under VMware Fusion under which I'm
trying to run anita with qemu (1.3.0) for testing purposes. Things are
not working well:

Under qemu, I can see the NetBSD bootloader showing up.  If I let the
bootloader time out and start the boot process by itself, the load of
the kernel gets stuck to the point where it never asks for a second
floppy disk. If I hit enter explicitly at the bootloader, then the
kernel boots up fine and then gets stuck later after vmt0 attempts to
initialize.

This happens with anita and outside of anita if I run the installation
image with qemu.

Any ideas? Has anyone else seen this?

I've seen similar, and it seems to be an issue with qemu. See the thread at

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2013/03/02/msg017785.html

The expectation is it would work if you go back to earlier version of qemu (version 1.2.0nb2 should be good).

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |