Trouble using current under qemu

I have a NetBSD/amd64 -current VM under VMware Fusion under which I'm
trying to run anita with qemu (1.3.0) for testing purposes. Things are
not working well:

Under qemu, I can see the NetBSD bootloader showing up.  If I let the
bootloader time out and start the boot process by itself, the load of
the kernel gets stuck to the point where it never asks for a second
floppy disk. If I hit enter explicitly at the bootloader, then the
kernel boots up fine and then gets stuck later after vmt0 attempts to

This happens with anita and outside of anita if I run the installation
image with qemu.

Any ideas? Has anyone else seen this?

Julio Merino / @jmmv