Re: build failure on mac

Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> writes:

> I'm getting the following when building on a mac (10.7):
>
> --- dependall-mdsetimage ---
> nbmake: nbmake: don't know how to make /usr/lib/libz.a. Stop
>
> This persisted after removing the tools objdir and tools dir.
>
> I have the impression this does not show up when building on NetBSD.
> Perhaps there is some new host/build cross leakage?

The problem seems to be in external/gpl3/binutils/usr.sbin/dbsym/Makefile:

  revision 1.7
  date: 2013/02/14 21:29:36;  author: christos;  state: Exp;  lines: +8 -4
  re-order library dependencies to make sure that -lintl and -lz are after
  the rest of the libraries so that static linking works.

There is;

  LDADD+=         -lz
  DPADD+=         ${LIBZ}

which seems wrong in the HOSTPROG case.