Changing kernel entry point

Hi all,

I just started to use NetBSD 6.0.1 (amd64). I am able to compile my own kernel without problems. The default entry point is 0xffffffff80100000 according to readelf. I think the actual location in memory is 0x100000 (1MiByte).

How could I change the 0xffffffff80100000 to a value of my liking? Reason being that I have a custom bootloader which does not like the 0xffff... address (out of the virtual memory space). What I could do is just ignore the 0xffffffff80 and tell it to load at address 0x100000. But there must be a reason why NetBSD has this entry point?

Thanks for any help guys!

Best,
--Martin