Re: one spdmem missing

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013, Thomas Klausner wrote:

Hi!

I've never noticed before, but I only have 5 of my 6 RAM Chips
recognized by the spdmem driver.

Hmmm, odd. It is the very first one at 0x50 that is missing. Any chance you could "rotate" the DIMMs and see if the missing module follows the rotation?

Also, if the risk is not too great, perhaps run i2cscan and see if it detects the device at address 0x50.

While we're on the topic: Does NetBSD support ECC in any way?

Not that I am aware of.

If not, is there a point in putting ECC RAM in a NetBSD machine?

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |