Sr Principal Engineer for Software Development at Broadcom in Sunnyvale, CA 21696BR

Dear  ,

I am a sourcer for Broadcom and found your resume with Google on the Internet
and thought that the enginieering position described below may be of interest
to you.

You can find this position on www.broadcom.com/careers. Please take a
look there or on broadcom.jobs. Let me know if any of the other postings
has your interest.

There are multiple openings so feel free to pass along to a colleague.

Please reply to ddawson%broadcom.com@localhost

Regards,

Dorr Dawson
ddawson%broadcom.com@localhost

Senior Principal  Engineer
Business Unit    Mobile and Wireless Group
Job Description    We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic
Principal Software Engineer to contribute to
the team responsible for wifi driver development and hardware bringup.
Ideal candidates
are seasoned engineers with a strong background in device driver
development, linux/MacOS kernels and WLAN protocols. This position is
located at our Sunnyvale location. We offer a great
environment to get exposed to a wide range of technology. Our team works
closely with
ASIC, DSP, and system engineers and we participate in the full product
lifecycle from
pre-silicon all the way through to full software reference designs.

The specific responsibilities of this position include:
* Design and develop new wifi driver features
* leverage your extensive experience in WLAN in order to provide solid
technical leadership
* support manufacturing flow to release hardware/software turnkey solution
* maintain and enhance existing software infrastructure
* Full life cycle software feature development from requirements through
design, implementation and support
Job Requirements    The following are the specific required skills and
desired experience:
* Required BS in CS/EE with 15+ years of related experience, or MS in
CS/EE with 9+ years of related experience
* Deep experience with linux/MacOS or Windows kernel and networking drivers
* demonstrated track record of strong technical leadership
* strong knowledge on chip/board bringup and embedded firmware development
* Fluent in the assembly, C language and embedded debugging

The following skills are not necessarily required but are highly desirable:
* Strong knowledge of 802.11 wireless networking protocols
* Track record of developing drivers for PCIe, USB/SDIO bus interfaces

To be successful in this team, candidates should have the following
personality traits:
* Excellent work ethic, dependable, and responsible
* Excellent analytical skills, particularly in the realm of software
debugging
* Strong logical and creative problem-solving skills
* Must be a flexible self-starter who can ramp up with new technologies
quickly
* Imaginative, motivated, and able to work effectively under pressure
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Country    United States
State/Province    California
City/Town    Sunnyvale
Shift    1st Shift - Day