Re: IPFilter issue in -current

On Nov 27, 2012, at 11:11 PM PST, I wrote:

> I'll try changing the locking so that ipf_ht_node_del is called within the
> hold on is->is_lock.

Unfortunately, the obvious patch (attached) doesn't seem to solve the problem.
It might make it slightly better, but I still get the occasional hang,
apparently within the red-black tree code. A frequent culprit has been
RBI_SEARCH.

I wonder if the RBI_* macros are just not thread-safe even when operating on
different keys.

- Geoff