su -l does not update last or lastlogin data

Not sure if this is a bug or feature, but I've noticed that 'su -l' doesn't seem to update the appropriate databases. Based on the man page which says "simulates full login" I would expect it to be updated.

So, is this a bug?

Or is it working as designed? And should the man page be updated accordingly?

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at    |