Re: Weird time on /dev/pts

On Tue, 23 Oct 2012 13:35:50 +0200
Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
> > # ls -ld pts
> > dr-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  512 Oct 21       pts
>
> You are using ptyfs mounted there?

Yes.

> It shows up as epoch on -current for me:
> # ls -lTd /dev/pts
> dr-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  512 Jan  1 01:00:00 1970 /dev/pts/

Weird.  I guess the info comes from the mounted system and there is a
problem with pts.  I assume that it would look fine unmounted.

> Besides, backing that directory up does not make much sense, I would
> just --exclude=dev/pts it from the rsync.

I don't back up that directory.  I use --one-file-system.  However, the
directory itself is part of root.

Side issue, I have never been able to get --exclude to work.  It
ignores my specification no matter what I try.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost