Weird time on /dev/pts

I am getting a strange error on my Ubuntu system when trying to back
up my NetBSD  -current box.  I use rsync and I keep getting this error:

Time value of dev/pts truncated on receiver.

When I check on NetBSD it looks like this:

# ls -ld pts
dr-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  512 Oct 21       pts

I normally expect to see a time there as well as a date.  I touched the
directory and now it backs up.  It looks like this after the touch:

# ls -ld pts
dr-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  512 Oct 22 09:50 pts

This happened before and the same fix worked but then it messed up
again.  Anyone else seeing this?  What should I be looking for?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%druid.net@localhost>         |  Democracy is three
wolves