Re: NetBSD-6 RC2 (and -current) named looping

On Sep 19, 2012, at 12:43, "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed%reedmedia.net@localhost>
wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Sep 2012, Sverre Froyen wrote:
>
>> After upgrading a NetBSD-5 system to 6 RC2, I find that named is using 100%
>> CPU. The symptoms look identical to this report:
>
> I think this is internal ISC bug #27076.
>
> The workaround is to manually create the directory as defined by
> managed-keys-directory.
>
> (I opened another ticket there to better document it too.)

Thanks for the explanation (to both you and Frank). Adding the /etc/namedb/keys
directory does indeed solve the problem. Could/should this directory be added
to the NetBSD source and binary distributions?

Thanks,
Sverre

PS I just switched email client. Please let me know if the new email format
does not work OK.