NetBSD/epoc32

Hi! all,

I put NetBSD/epoc32 binaries and sources.

  http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/kiyohara/epoc32

  dmesg.boot            for Psion SERIES 5mx.
  binaries              If it can come, the following is copied to CF or
                        C: drive as it is and e32boot.exe is performed,
                        starting will be tried in order of C:\\netbsd and
                        D:\\netbsd.
  binaries/euhal.exe    is the sample application of SDK which acquires
                        the hardware and other information on EPOC32.
  epoc32                sources for sys/arch/epoc32

Tested only Psion SERIES 5mx.  However it support Revo, Revo+, 5mx Pro
and Diamond Mako, Ericsson MC218 maybe.
(support EPOC32 Release 5 with Windermere(SoC?))  :)
But probably the devices supported are only UART/IrDA, RTC, and CF.
LCD, Keyboard, Touch panel, Audio, and power management have not
supported.

Although there are Psion SERIES 5(CL-PS7111), SERIES 7(SA-1100), and
netBook(SA-1100), it has not supported at all yet.
# And Oregon Scientific Osaris?

For implementation, some SoCs support to single GENERIC.  internal@mainbus
configure from MODEL and attach a SoC.  Current saip@mainbus needs more
CFATTACH_DECL_NEW().
And saip not supports sys/arch/arm/pic.  Before need support it.

Moreover, SoC such as Windermere, do not have a datasheet, either and it
is such a name truly. since it was unknown and linux-7110.sourceforge.net
was written to reference.  I put sys/arch/epoc32/windermere now.

e32boot.exe is boot loader of NetBSD and application for EPOC32.  It
obtain and create to bootinfo which this passes to a kernel has a model,
memory size, and width/height for video.  This is asked for EPOC32, and
unless this is right, it cannot boot.  These pieces of information is
the values displayed by euhal.exe, 'Machine', 'Total Ram KB', and
'Display size in pixels'.

If e32boot.exe is executed, a screen will become crush, but it is
intentional.  Since how to use the memory of EPOC32 was not found well,
it is because various things are copied and execute on the frame buffer
considered to be safe absolutely.

e32boot.exe is supporting only a SERIES 5mx and SERIES 7 (netBook is
included) now.  This is because the acquisition methods of a physical
address which arbitrary virtual addresses point out by Release 3 and
Release 5 of EPOC32 differ.  And this method is hack-method by arlo
developers.  About this, I will think more better method.

Below sys/arch/epoc32/stand. It is necessary to prepare SDK of EPOC32,
then to build.  Please give as ARM_EPOC_PE_DIR=~/gcc-3.0-psion-98r2 etc.
at nbmake instruction execution time.
The SDK can make refer to 'Symbian SDK on Unix HOWTO'.

  http://www.koeniglich.de/sdk2unix/symbian_sdk_on_unix.html

EPOC R5 SDK (cpp.zip) is redistributing from some company.  I uses the
above-mentioned site for reference for gcc-3.0 on NetBSD/cobalt-5.99.15,
building in it.  Since some configure did not pass surely on cobalt, it
corrected suitably and exchanged.

An problem has incomprehensible stand/e32boot/ldd/ekern.h. :)
It is the thing written by the person who made the boot loader arlo
for Linux, and does not understand at all as hack of what it acted what.
e32boot.exe cannot be built, if it not exist.  Incidentally, this header
is contained in the source of arlo, and since this is GPL, this header
is also considered to be GPL.  should I contact so that this file may be
contributed to this author?

But my SERIES 5mx's (and Revo's) flexible cable crushed. X-<
This problem is Psion user is knowing?  :)
I will try to repair it.

Although the back considers this by support to EPOC32 Release 3-5 at
present, Symbian 6.0 or subsequent ones which is the following version
is expected.
# I have got NOKIA 9210 Communicator (Symbian 6.0)(S80) and SDK already.
# Also I know, some models of the Symbian 7 (S60) exists, u-boot and
# Linux OK.

fig)

  ER3           Psion SERIES5                   CL-PS7111
  ER4?          Oregon Scientific Osaris        CL-PS7111?
  ER5           Psion SERIES 5mx, 5mx Pro,      Windermere
                Revo, Revo+,
                S3 Diamond Mako,
                Ericsson MC218
                netBook, SERIES 7               SA-1100
  Symbian 6.0   NOKIA 9210 Communicator         ?
          6.1
          :
          <snip>
          :
          ?.?   NOKIA 6630                      OMAP ?
          ?.?   NOKIA N92                       OMAP ?

Thanks,
--
kiyohara