Re: fsck leaving / hosed (evbppc)??

Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost> writes:

> On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 08:37:29AM -0400, Frank Kastenholz wrote:
>> Some additional information on this issue...
>>
>> This problem occurs when the processor is big-endian and the file
>> system is little-endian.
>
> Smells of missing byteswapping support in fsck, doesn't it?

Maybe, but the FS is ok afterwards (after a power cycle).   So I think
the bug is in sys/ufs/ffs/ffs_vfsops.c:ffs_reload somewhere.

I think the FS_SWAP flag will get set in fs->fs_flags due to
ump->um_flags & UFS_NEEDSWAP earlier, and that if not everything would
be garbled.

I also don't understand how the FFS_EI support would be used when
mounting but not remounting.