Re: serial console servers

On Dec 14,  5:14am, Johnny Billquist wrote:
} On 2012-07-18 10:16, Anders Magnusson wrote:
} > On 07/17/2012 03:12 AM, Erik Fair wrote:
} >> For those of us who run computer systems with serial consoles, how do
} >> you handle the "terminal" side of that? Console server? Lots of old
} >> TTYs, LA-120's? Terminal server? A custom configuration? Lots of PC
} >> laptoys running PuTTY, Kermit, or "tip/cu"?
} >>
} >> Yes, this is a survey. I'd like to collect the experience/wisdom
} >> available here.
} >>
} > Not sure if this adds any wisdom, but I have a Microvax II with serial
} > adapters, using screen + script + tip.
}
} Maybe I'm the only oddball using a real VT525. It does, however, connect
} through a DECserver, so if I need dumps of the output, I can switch to
} some other machine and do cut and paste... But normally it's just the
} VT525 connected.

     Isn't that too modern for you, shouldn't you be using a VT52?  :->

}-- End of excerpt from Johnny Billquist