Re: serial console servers

On 2012-07-18 10:16, Anders Magnusson wrote:
On 07/17/2012 03:12 AM, Erik Fair wrote:
For those of us who run computer systems with serial consoles, how do
you handle the "terminal" side of that? Console server? Lots of old
TTYs, LA-120's? Terminal server? A custom configuration? Lots of PC
laptoys running PuTTY, Kermit, or "tip/cu"?

Yes, this is a survey. I'd like to collect the experience/wisdom
available here.

Not sure if this adds any wisdom, but I have a Microvax II with serial
adapters, using screen + script + tip.

Maybe I'm the only oddball using a real VT525. It does, however, connect through a DECserver, so if I need dumps of the output, I can switch to some other machine and do cut and paste... But normally it's just the VT525 connected.

        Johnny