Re: serial console servers

>For those of us who run computer systems with serial consoles, how do
>you handle the "terminal" side of that? Console server? Lots of old
>TTYs, LA-120's? Terminal server? A custom configuration? Lots of PC
>laptoys running PuTTY, Kermit, or "tip/cu"?

SINCE you asked ....

We use a Kerberized version of Paul Vixie's "rtty" software.  Rtty is now
available on savannah.gnu.org, but I have been busy and haven't had a chance
to put in our Kerberos patches.

As for the actual hardware ... it's some box, with some multi-USB serial port
thingy ... don't recall the details.  We have a couple of them.

--Ken