Re: Problems with IPMI and wm? sharing a physical Ethernet port

On Tue 26 Jun 2012 at 20:37:55 +0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> Yep, so far they all deliver a usually pretty broken Java applet, that,
> if it works, is ugly and slow and very limited to use.

If it is the same one that I have encountered, its problem is that it
uses directly some sun.* namespace things. Which means that it requires
a Sun Java environment to run. An OpenJDK or whatever else won't work.
I managed by installing a Sun Java on a laptop booted to Xubuntu, and
some port forwarding of the https port (because said laptop was also
outside the firewall).

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- There's no point being grown-up if you
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- can't be childish sometimes. -The 4th Doctor