Re: MIPS pcc endian

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012, Toru Nishimura wrote:

> I made another run of with pcc, this time, for NetBSD/evbmips.
> Making nbtools is done as expected;
> $ -V HAVE_PCC=yes USETOOLS_PCC=yes tools
> When trying to run kernel=MERAKI, I got the following error;
> ../.././machine/endian_machdep.h:8: error: neither __MIPSEL__ nor __MIPSEB__
> are defined.
> My Qs are;
> 1. how can I fix it?

these should come from within the compiler front end; you would add them
to the CPPMDADD definition, in

(but I'm not sure how well MIPS is supported with pcc)

> 2. can pcc-mips generate both of MIPSEL and MIPSEB binaries with a
> single set of PCC compiler body with the help of appropriate command
> line option?

No, the front end does not properly support multi-arch environment at this
time.. (I have been working at improving this but nothing ready for
publication as yet :)