Re: libusb and phidgets

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 04:31:54PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 09:23:10AM -0500, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> > and libusb on NetBSD doesn't support enumerating all USB devices, only ugen
> > ones.  So, my question is: why is that?  Is there some reason that it's a
> > bad
> > idea to have libusb return all USB devices, or is it just that noone has
> > implemented it?
>
> It would be good to be able to enumerate at least those hid devices, that
> no driver has claimed (i.e. you do not want to fiddle with the uhiddev you
> ukbd has attached to).
>
> A lot of "special" devices come as hid device, since this usually
> means no kernel space driver is needed for most OSes, just a bit of special
> application code.

Well, I tried tracing through what devices libusb finds, and the uhidev2
device does show up, but the uhid0 device which is attached to uhidev2
(I can see it in the dmesg) does not.  There's no /dev/uhidev2 that I
can open to do something like the USB_DEVICEINFO that libusb does on
the /dev/usb# devices to figure out what's attached.
There's no ioctl's mentioned on the uhidev man page and uhidev.c doesn't
even have an ioctl function so I don't what I could do even if there was
a /dev/uhidev2.

Can someone clue me in as to how to figure out to use "/dev/uhid0"?
Is this even possible on NetBSD?

Thanks,
eric